Monday, October 26, 2009

"The Hunt"



Continuing in the canine theme, a painting depicting the gesture of a wolf as he is closing in on his prey. In my imagination, I chose a nighttime setting composed of deep purples with the coat of the wolf reflecting various hues. I added a deep blue and purple glaze over the painting to help unify the colors.

A 24"x30" Acrylic on gallery wrap canvas currently for sale at $4,000. If you have interest in this or similar paintings, please email me or visit my website.

Bob's Website

Bob at Daily Painters Abstract Gallery


Colorado Abstract Surrealism Pleinaire Landscape Figurative Portraits Artist Bob Coonts

1 comment:

  1. Interesting style to choose for a wolf painting. I like your horse further down the page too.

    cheers

    Chris
    http://www.wildlife-art-guide.com/blog/wolf-photos

    ReplyDelete